Thursday, December 6, 2007

Capture Me In An Instant, And Leave Me Hypnotized

I saw two of the saddest, most pathetic/depressing things ever today. One is fairly common (unfortunately): An old woman, probably a grandmother, picking through the trash for things that could be sold, or things that were/are edible. I see this every day, and it never fails to make me wince.

The other thing, that really sparked a visceral "Holy shit" sort of reaction, was seeing a dog dragging itself along by its front legs. Its back legs were useless, probably broken. Additionally, the dragging was causing the back legs to abrade, leaving a faint blood trail (which was getting gradually more distinct) behind the poor thing. If I'd had plaster, I would have tried to at least give its legs some protection, but at that point, I almost wanted to just put it out of its misery. It was heartrending, to say the least.

In less depressing news, I finally started to teach the English course for unemployed people. It seems to be going well so far - they're having to start from the alphabet, so I'm basically able to adapt the training I was given for Bulgarian and turn it into an English class. That'll be a regular thing from 2-4 every Thursday, which makes for a busy day/middle of the week.

Also, my computer has been reformatted for the second time in as many weeks, with total data loss occurring again. I need to start backing this thing up every week, apparently. It's more than slightly irritating, at this point. Hopefully, this issue will not come up again.

Later, flipsiders.

No comments: