Saturday, September 27, 2008

Open Up A Can of Tomato Juice

Gather round, boys and girls, Uncle Alex has another fun story for you.

Last night, a bunch of Volunteers were in town for their mid-service conference. I had dinner with them, and afterwards, they invited me to come out and have a few drinks with them. I agreed, and so we headed out. We're drinking, being loud Americans, etc., and a former student of mine comes up to me, says hi.

Now, this would not be awkward, except there was a girl that came over with him to say "hi" as well. She introduced herself as the daughter of one of my colleagues. She then proceeded to hit on me. And then crossed the bar to do so a couple more times over the course of the evening.

Yeah, that was awkward.

I mean, as amusing as it is, I would rather prefer to avoid the "oh, by the way, I made out/slept with your daughter" awkwardness in the staffroom that that would entail, but that may just be me (assuming she's even over 18 in the first place).

Later, flipsiders.

No comments: