Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Check's In The Mail

Well. July's been a busy month. I moved in, spent a couple of weeks having to run around to get my work permit/resident alien registration paperwork (plus some Peace Corps paperwork) taken care of, got cable/internet in the apartment, had my laptop die on me and my freezer reclaimed by my landlord, started teaching a summer course, headed up to the mountains for a day trip, and visited my host parents for dinner. I also spent probably more time than is healthy being enraged by US politics.

This isn't, of course, all in one week, or anything. I've had plenty of time to relax and explore. Since most of July was at least as hot as Ga., if not hotter, I spent a lot of time taking cold showers and not going outside.

In other news, I was interviewed by the local TV station. They asked about what I'm going to be doing with teaching English, but afterwards, they started asking about Capoeira (that actually took up most of the interview). To my credit, I was able to give an overview of the art almost entirely in Bulgarian. Hopefully, it will help generate some interest in the club I want to start.

For whatever reason, August decided to be a lot cooler (I suspect October decided to pay a visit). It was in the high teens (Centigrade) and raining last Monday (the 6th). I can honestly say I never expected to have to wear a jacket in August. It's warmed up since then, but it's nowhere near what it was in July. It's pretty damn enjoyable, actually.

Now that I have a new computer (and therefore internet in my apartment again), I should be updating a bit more frequently.

Later, flipsiders.

No comments: